Prototyping can well reflect the creativity of designers. Such as the structure, appearance, etc, the mock-up greatly shortens the time to market. Its manufacturing priority is advanced. Before developing a mold, the samples can be used for market promotion, to take the lead to make production preparations, and capture of the market as soon as possible.
The main production methods of plastic prototypes include CNC processing, 3Dprinting, and silicone casting(Urethane casting).
CNC processing: It is the main processing method in the mock-up industry at present. There are no big restrictions on the processed materials, except for soft rubber, the strength and surface finishing of the prototype processed by CNC is better than that of 3D printing and complex mold making. But for complex design, CNC processing adapts piecemeal splicing with gluing, this will weaken its strength
Vacuum casting: Need to make a mother board by 3Dprinting first, it is fast and cheap for small size simple design projects. For big complex parts, the cost is expensive than CNC, while, have to mention that, some customers prefer to use urethane casting rather than CNC for some functional running parts, as casting process result in a whole part body, it is more stronger than glued parts.
3D printing: The production cycle is shorter than cnc processing, and it can be done within a day. Now even metal materials can be perfectly printed, but the surface of the printed prototypes will be rough, it is more difficult to make surface finishing, so if you have a large size project need exquisite surface finishing, the surface treatment cost will occupy large share in 3Dprinting quote, usually it is more favorable to choose CNC. But for small size projects, 3Dprinting is also a good way to achieve appearance feature with varied coating(speckle painting, bio-texture,gradient ramp).
The most common plastic used in prototyping includes: PC, ABS, PMMA, Resin, it is popular with housing(shells) for consumer electronics such as blower, robots, phones, bins, power banks, charging-lock, earphones etc.
Application area of plastic prototypes:
- Appearance design evaluation. Can be divided into: external dimensions, dis-assemblyratio, color matching, material and surface texture.
- Structural design rationality assessment: product size, assembly method, structural strength, fit clearance, material selection, etc.
- Product functional test: assembly test, operation test, drop test, electrical test, motherboard performance test, etc.
- Cost optimization before production: Cost calculation of structural parts (parts must be, parts which can be cancelled), electrical arrangement optimization (such as FPC wiring method, etc.), assembly method cost optimization, etc.
- Prototype display:Market promotion, electronic exhibition display, e-commerce photography shooting and so on.
- Whether it is plastic parts, solid hardware parts, or sheet metal parts, wemanufacturercan integrate processing in the prototype factory.
- In addition to the direct machining model by CNC, the model can also be produced by 3D printing, or the model can be produced by laser cutting(EDM/FDM).
3. When a small batch of plastic prototype model is needed, you can use the silicone compound mold method, or open the rapid mold method, batch rapid molding.
We combine the best manufacturing agility to provide enterprises,business, individuals, graduation design project with high-quality plastic handmade prototypes, SLS,SLA, CNC processing, compound molds, and also provide plastic, aluminum alloy, zinc alloy, stainless steel processing, sheet metal manufacturing.